Test123

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Visit to Bookstores near MG Road Bangalore

I had long planned to make an exclusive visit to bookstores in MG Road and Surrounding Areas in Bangalore. I spend a hell lot of time in bookstores. Hence, I had to visit these places alone. Based on opinion of people I know, I shortlisted Select Bookstore and The Bookworm. Both these places are well known among book lovers for old used books. I also visited HigginBothams and bought a few children books for my daughter. I tried visiting Gangarams and Blossoms but was unable to do so because of time constraints.

Bookworm- This is on MG road and houses second hand books. You can find a lot of books at reasonable prices. However if you compare prices with online bookshops, you will not see much discount. Most books housed at Bookworm are recent titles. The bookstore is small and has more fiction and history books. Nevertheless, I bought a couple of books in great condition for 50% discount on MRP.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/331776/for-bookworm-you.html

Select Bookstore- This bookshop primarily houses old books. Books by unknown authors are in plenty. However, Mr. Murthy and his son try their best to provide you with relevant books. Most books are in very bad condition. However, if you are lucky, you may lay your hands on some really precious books. This store also sells stamps and coins.

http://caravanmagazine.in/lede/shelved-away

The staff in both the stores are cordial and have adequate knowledge of books and current trends. They help you to find books of your interest. However, they were below my expectation levels. I have visited several used bookshops in areas like Avenue Road, Banshankari, Gandhi Bazaar, Malleswaram etc. Those book stores house a bigger and better collection of books compared to the shops on MG road area. Also, I find prices of books at Bookworm and Select store to be much more compared to other used book stores in Bangalore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up.
Villas in Whitefield
Apartments in Hosur Road
Apartments in Bannerghatta Road South Bangalore